Energy and cost efficiencies are increased by working with the sunshine.
Daylight and Sunlight Studies assist developers and designers in maximising the use of natural light to enhance building energy performance and environment quality.
Local Authorities will be guided by the tests laid out in the Building Research Establishment (BRE) document ‘Site Layout Planning for Daylight and Sunlight’, A guide to good practice, Second Edition.
To meet these requirements a Daylight and Sunlight Study should be carried out.
A BRE Daylight and Sunlight report will typically contain the following tests
- Vertical Sky Component (VSC)
- Daylight Distribution/No Sky Line
- Average Daylight Factor (where BRE Appendix F criteria applies)
- Annual Probable Sunlight Hours
- Overshadowing to Gardens and Open Spaces
Get in touch or send an email if you require a daylight and sunlight assessment: and one of the team will respond within 24 hours.