A clear and concise Energy Statement is the foundation of a cost efficient project.
Most projects, great or small, cannot begin until you have submitted a detailed Energy Statement and received back the relevant Local Planning Authority (LPA) approvals. The energy statement will demonstrate how the proposed development will meet all the energy and carbon emissions targets dictated by the UK’s Building Regulations and the standards set by each LPA. (This includes the London Plan statement)
To help you meet the local energy requirements the team at Abbey Consultants will liaise with the Local Authority to identify specific energy and carbon reduction requirements. Then work closely with the other key design team consultants to deliver the most cost effective solution to meeting the targets.
- Energy and CO2 Demand for the site
- Energy and CO2 emission reductions targets
- Proposed materials, heating, lighting and ventilation specifications
- Potential Renewable energy solutions
- Sample SAP and SBEM calculations
- And many other considerations (dependant on the LPA requirements)